Computer Science and Engineering is a branch which imparts innovation and problem-solving skills through computational techniques and technologies. The most essential aspect of Computer Science is the skill of problem solving, an essential skill for life. Students study the design, development and analysis of software and hardware that could be used to solve problems in a variety of business, scientific and social contexts.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 2002 with a total intake of 60 in B. Tech Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). The intake was increased to 120 in the year 2003 and subsequently to 180 in the year 2013. The department provides post graduate program, M. Tech Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) with an intake of 18. The department is offering a Diploma course in Computer Engineering with an intake of 60 from the year 2021. B. Tech., in Artificial Intelligence & Data Science (AI & DS) and B. Tech., in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI & ML) were duly approved by the AICTE to be run from the year 2021.
The department is equipped with highly qualified and dedicated faculty members with minimum M. Tech qualification in Computer Science and Engineering to impart technical and research-based quality education and to develop innovative skills among the students and to enrich the academic activities through continual improvement in the teaching and learning processes. The faculty of the department has more than 100 research papers published every year (Scopus Indexed, Sci-Indexed, Peer Reviewed Journals with high impact factor) and they participate in various conferences/FDPs/Seminars/STTPs and Workshops.
The department has an MoU with EICT-IIT Kanpur to organise FDPs on the cutting-edge technologies. Six international conferences/FDPs/STTPs are organised by the department faculty. Many of our faculty were key contributors to curriculum development and enrichment. The faculty of the department is part of five in-house projects (MIC Fee Payment portal, Students Performance analysis, Examination Cell Automation, Organization Website and Green Book Automation) and one external project (Website for Conference – YUVA FOGSI SOUTH ZONE – 2018) as part of research and development cell.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has created an intensive teaching and learning experience through industry driven Curriculum.
During the last two decades, most of the students are placed in top notch companies like IBM, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Byjus, PwC, Steria(India) Limited, Maple Labs, Infer India Pvt., Ltd., Accenture, Yash Technologies, Mind Tree etc with a salary range from 1.5LPA to 6 LPA. The alumni of the department have reached great heights in life over the years.
The department was accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for a period of 3 years for UG in 2016. It was reaccredited in 2019.
The vision of the department is to produce internationally competent professionals with sound technical knowledge, research skills and values to address current and future challenges of the industry, contributing to the transformation of the society.
Impart quality education in computer science and engineering through innovative teaching and learning methodologies.
Conduct industry ready skill development programs to bridge the gap between academia and industry to produce competitive software technocrats.
Promote research through state-of-the-art facilities and interaction with the industry.
Inculcate values in the students to make them socially committed professionals
1. To produce proficient and competent Computer Science & Engineering graduates with a strong foundation in Science and Engineering and Technology to be successful in their professional careers.
2. To make graduates capable of acquiring technical knowledge in core areas and use modern tools to solve real world problems.
3. To inculcate necessary managerial and soft skills that help develop entrepreneurship and leadership qualities so as to produce competent professionals with ethical values.
4. To make graduates Innovative thinkers and life-long self-learners.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological.
PSO1: Programming Skills: Identify required data structures, design suitable algorithms, develop and maintain software for real world problems.
PSO2: Computing Paradigms: Understand the evolutionary changes in computing paradigms and apply knowledge based on context to meet challenges of the future.
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
|S.No||Name of the Laboratory||List of Softwares|
|1||C Programming Lab||C, C++, Jdk1.8,
Visual Studio 2010,
Oracle 11g, Tomcat, Jsdk, Net Beans 7.01, Windows 10, Ubuntu,
Windows Server 2012, e-Swecha, Fedora,
MS Office 2010, MySql IBM RSA ENT,
Eclipse 4.2, RTool, Globerena ECSL, K-Van ECL.
|2||English Communications Lab|
|3||Hadoop & Big Data Lab|
|4||Data Structures Lab|
|5||Data Bases Lab|
|6||Object Oriented Programming Lab|
|7||Networking Programming Lab|
|8||Multimedia & Modelling Lab|
|9||System Programming Lab|
System Engineers Association of MIC (SEAMIC) is an association of student group activities which was inaugurated on 2nd September 2006 by Dr. T. Hanuman Chowdary, former IT Adviser to Government of Andhra Pradesh. The main thought of forming up of this association is that the students are found to be completely engaged with their academic studies and have no recreation to polish their skills and talents. Though there are so many built-in qualities in them, they were lagging behind in this competitive world, as they have no time to concentrate on such matters. As the students spend most of their valuable time in the college campus itself, they must be given a chance of providing themselves in front of the experienced persons.
Hence that gave rise to a thought of making "The buds flower up with their fragrance", which could be made possible with this association called "SEAMIC" with its motto "Destiny Through Innovation".
The main theme of formation of student group is to make them active, be aware of all the latest trends and competitions that arise in the academics and other activities. The outcome of which is to make them competent and all-time outstanding achievers. The overall concentration is in improving their communication skills, self-management of tasks, making them bold enough to face the competitive world, making them gain excess knowledge other than book-knowledge and finally to make them build-up brotherhood relations in public.
This association is mainly comprised of students. This is because students should be able to learn many issues like managing and doing tasks other than what they regularly study in classrooms. The whole program planning, organization and the participations are taken over by the students under proper guidance of the faculty members. A student body - the representatives of different aspects are selected and guided by the faculty to carry out the whole program implementation.
The members and the faculty of the CSE Department are confident to achieve the theme of the association as we have already proved that our students are so talented as they were able to initiate themselves in sketching out the Logo of the association that depicts "A human empowering the knowledge of Computers". Also the motto and title of the association are being selected from a list of competing entries that were collected from the students. Though it takes some time to achieve the target, we assure that we have made up a path that leads them towards the destiny through their innovations.
Different activities that come under SEAMIC to make the students skilled and talented around the general and technical aspects are:
Team-oriented technical tasks (Practical)
Guest Lectures by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
Career Guidance by Resource Persons.
Management Skills by Resource Persons.
Trial Lectures by skilled Senior Students
As it is the initiation of SEAMIC - the inaugural function is being carried out at first. Every academic year, an opening function of SEAMIC is being conducted along with the schedule of the Fresher’s Day and all the above-mentioned activities are carried out among students throughout the year, depending on the academic schedule. At the end of the academic year, a closing function is being conducted along with the schedule of Farewell Party in which all the winners of the competitions will be given prizes.
The main objectives that incorporate the activities of SEAMIC, which leads to the success of students, are:
Encouraging the students and improving their confidence level.
Extracting the hidden skills of the talented students in general and technical aspects.
Improving the Communication Skills, Self-Management Skills and Discipline etc.
To affirm the roots of continuous learning process and to make them aware of all the new trends.
Upgrading on the latest issues in IT & real world.
Practically making them understand the competitions in the real world.
Inculcating the humanly and brotherly relations in them to deal with the public.
Brushing up their application skills through practical knowledge.
To make them get into immediate employment after their course completion.
To make them succeed in the Campus Selections and to route up their better future.
To find the students who have research-oriented skills and training them on interested areas through proper guidance.
To bring out the creativity of the students.
Finally, to make them all-rounder’s in all aspects.