Mechanical Engineering is one of the major activities in the engineering profession and its principles are involved in the design, study, development, and construction of all the physical devices and systems. Continued research and development in Mechanical Engineering have led to the creation of better machines and processes helping the mankind.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at DVR & Dr. HS MIC College of Technology is as old as the Institute itself. Its impact on the institute and on society is easily demonstrated by noting the alignment of the department's evolution with key events and technological advances in India and elsewhere.
The students in the department are exposed to the problems faced by today’s societies and are trained to address those problems through innovative thinking strategies to develop appropriate technological solutions. They endeavour to provide solutions to the practical problems. The faculty members of the department drive these activities through their teaching and diverse research programs covering numerous facets of Mechanical Engineering and its applications. In addition to the regular academic work, the students of the department are encouraged to participate in co-curricular activities. The department has evolved over time to keep up with the ever-increasing challenges in technology development, while maintaining a strong base in the fundamental aspects of Mechanical Engineering. While much of today’s research in Mechanical Engineering is of interdisciplinary nature requiring knowledge from numerous other science and engineering disciplines, the research work of the faculty members of the department is categorized into three broad streams viz., Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, and Manufacturing Engineering, among others.
The department was accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for a period of 3 years for UG in 2016. It was reaccredited in 2019. The department has entered into MoUs with leading Industries like CADD Experts, Vijayawada; Sudhakar Polymers Limited, Suryapet; Vasantha Hydraulic Systems, Hyderabad; Harsha Liners Pvt.Ltd., and AP Leaf Springs Pvt.Ltd., among others.
To produce world class mechanical engineers by imparting quality technical education and promoting research to meet current and future challenges for industrial development and make them responsible citizens.
To create conducive environment for high quality teaching and learning thereby facilitating the students acquire sound fundamental principles of engineering for higher studies and professional career.
To attain synergy in teaching and real world problems with industry interaction by having MOUs.
To nurture students with a global outlook for sustainable development.
To produce engineers with high moral and ethical values.
1. To make students acquire comprehensive knowledge of mathematics, basic sciences and humanities in addition to strong concepts in Mechanical Engineering.
2. To enable graduates, develop expertise and insight in core areas like mechanical design, thermal engineering, materials and manufacturing science to solve any application oriented problem.
3. To develop the attitude among students for life-long learning through self-study, research and innovation.
4. To make the learners well informed citizens with good communication skills and ethical values
1. Able to apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and comprehensive knowledge of thermal, design and manufacturing engineering to solve complex engineering problems. [Engineering Knowledge].
2. Able to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems using principles of engineering sciences, mathematics and appropriate engineering standards. [Problem Analysis].
3. Able to design mechanical systems/components as per engineering standards to meet desired specifications and requirements with suitable consideration for economy, environment and safety norms. [Design and development of Solutions].
4. Able to conduct investigations by analyzing and interpreting data using tools, techniques and research to find solutions for complex engineering problems. [Investigation].
5. Able to model, simulate and analyze engineering problems using modern tools. [Modern Tool].
6. Able to understand responsibilities associated with the use of technology and processes on societal & legal issues of concern in respect of health, safety and culture. [Engineer and Society].
7. Able to understand contemporary issues in sustainable development and in providing technological solutions considering impact of socio-economic and environmental aspects. [Environment and Sustainability].
8. Able to understand and implement ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering practice. [Ethics].
9. Able to function effectively, as a member or team leader, in executing projects under multidisciplinary environments. [Team Work].
10. Able to communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical forms and present the results in a professional manner. [Communication].
11. Able to apply knowledge of engineering and management principles for effective project and finance management. [Project Management].
12. Able to recognize the need for lifelong learning and adapt to latest technological developments. [Life Long Learning].
1. Able to comprehend various mechanisms of the industries through internships & industrial visits.
2. Able to design & fabricate the machine components / products / models through the application of scientific principles.
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
|S.No||Name of the Laboratory|
|1||Engineering Work shop|
|2||Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulic Machines|
|3||Mechanics of Solids Lab|
|4||Machine Tools Lab|
|5||Thermal Engineering Lab|
|6||Production Technology Lab|
|7||Fuels & Lubricants Lab|
|11||Heat Transfer Lab|
|12||Mechanical Computing Lab (CAD/CAM)|
|13||Theory of Machines Lab|
The purpose of the MIC Association of Mechanical Engineers (MICAME) is to represent current graduate students with in the Mechanical Engineering department at Devineni Venkata Ramana & Dr Hima Sekhar MIC College Of Technology. Our goal is to organize social and professional activities which strengthen and enrich the community within the department, and to help publicize various research activities within the department. We organize social hours, host talks by guest speakers and students, and help communicate with the department and the Graduate Student Council.
We encourage all current Mechanical Engineering graduate students to come forward and participate in the group. Members along with the MICAME officers play important roles in many of MICAME's initiatives, activities, and student advocacy issues.
MIC ASSOCIATION OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS is an association by the students of the department of Mechanical Engineering, DEVINENI VENKATA RAMANA & Dr. HIMA SEKHAR MIC COLLEGE OF THECHNOLOGY, KANCHIKACHERLA. This organization is intended to provide a proven GROUND to unearth the latent skills and innovative talents of the students by helping them on to their areas of interest and aptitude. The association provides a solid platform for the one who is in need of those resources so that he/she can utilize them in pursuit of excellence and embrace their destiny. At the same time, it wishes to inculcation of the social responsibility for the better co-relationships in the social circle.
To nurture excellence in various fields of engineering by imparting timeless core values to the learners and to mould the institution into a center of academic excellence and advanced research.
To impart high Quality technical education in order to mould the learners into globally competitive technocrats who are professionally deft, intellectually adept and socially responsible. The Institution strives to make the learners inculcate and imbibe pragmatic perception and pro-active nature so as to enable them to acquire a vision for exploration and an insight for advanced enquiry.
To promote good will between the students and the institution.
To make one ready to face any circumstances anywhere.
To provide full hand grip on the skills that showcases individual traits
To promote social responsibility by increasing social culture.
To bring out the creativity of the students.
To extract the hidden skills of the talented students in general and technical accepts.
To brush up their application skills through practical knowledge.
To make them practically understand the real competitive world.