Electrical & Electronics Engineering deals with the engineering problems, opportunities and needs of electrical, electronics, computer, telecommunication systems and related industries. This branch provides students with a wide range of fundamental knowledge in core disciplines such as communications, control systems, signal processing, radio frequency design, micro-processors, micro-electronics, power generation and electrical machines.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at DVR & Dr. HS MIC College of Technology was established in 2002. The department was started with the under-graduate program in 2002 and later on in 2013, Diploma program was added. The post-graduate program in Power Electronics & Electric Drives was started in the year 2009.
The undergraduate program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at MIC offers a mix of electrical, electronics and computer related courses empowering the students to take up professional career / higher studies in any of these areas. The curriculum based on credit scheme is updated periodically to contemplate changes in the electrical and electronics profession in consultation with experts from industries and renowned institutions.
The EEE department at MIC has faculty members specialized in all important areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering such as Power System, Power System Control and Automation, Power Electronics And Drives, and Control System. The department has experienced faculty which includes doctoral degree holders, Ph.D. scholars besides other faculty with M.Tech., qualification.
The department has well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratories to augment the coursework and enhance the research potential. In addition to the regular programmes, this department is also actively involved in conducting faculty development programmes, job-oriented short-term training programmes for engineering professionals and academic faculty.
The department entered into an MoU with Sudhakar Polymers Ltd., G.S Electricals, South Central Railways, and MIC Electronics. The department was accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for a period of 3 years for UG in 2016.
To be a hub of globally competent engineers equipped with knowledge, skills and behaviour for their exemplary contributions to the real time requirements in the field of electrical and electronics engineering.
To impart technical knowledge to the learners and make them globally competent through the state of art laboratories and instruction by highly qualified and experienced faculty.
To inculcate industry oriented learning by frequent industrial visits, MOUs, internships and make them technically strong power engineers.
To produce robust professionals with a wide repertoire of managerial & technical skills, ethical values and make them successful in meeting the needs of the society.
PEO1: To provide students, a strong foundation in core areas of Electrical engineering along with engineering mathematics, sciences and usage of modern tools to make them globally competent in designing, modeling and critical problem solving.
PEO2: To create research interest in core and multi disciplinary areas for lifelong learning and provide solutions to engineering problems for sustainable development of society.
PEO3: To bring in holistic growth of the graduates by inculcating socio-ethical values, communication and life skills.
PEO4: To strive for getting employment or higher education and be able to work in supportive and leadership roles.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological
PSO1: An ability to interpret, analyze and design Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems and Power Electronic Systems.
PSO2: An ability to use modern tools to analyze and design Electrical and electronic systems for providing Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts.
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
|S.No||Name of the Lab|
|1||Electrical Machines-I Lab|
|2||Electrical Machines-II Lab|
|3||Electrical Technology Lab|
|4||Electrical Measurements Lab|
|5||Electrical Circuits Lab|
|6||Electronic Devices & Circuits Lab|
|7||Power Electronics Lab|
|8||Control Systems Lab|
|9||Electrical Drives Lab|
|10||Electrical Simulation Lab|
|11||Microprocessor & Micro Controllers Lab|
Department of EEE offers a vibrant and active student life with several opportunities being provided for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to nourish and develop their innate talents. It believes that professional knowledge should invariably be matched with professional growth of the students. The emphasis is given on not only making the students academically brilliant, but true leaders and team players, thus preparing them for the real life corporate world. In view of that the Department of EEE launched an association E-Zone. Electrical Zone of neoteric Engineers (E-Zone) is an Association of Electrical and Electronics Engineering students group inaugurated on 8thFebruary, 2008 by Sri A.Srinivasa Rao Garu, Vice President (projects) LANCO, Kondapally.
Activities are carried out by the Department Association along with Professional bodies like IE(I)-Institution of Engineers (India), ISTE- Indian Society for Technical Education, IEEE- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers to enhance the technical knowledge of students.
The main idea behind this E-zone is to make the students aware of the latest trends and technologies in the field of Electrical Engineering.
To represent and support an inclusive and vibrant student community in which members have the opportunity to expand their horizons, reach their full potential and change the world around them.
1. To encourage greater participation of students in various academic, cultural and social activities and to develop healthy co-curricular and extra- curricular activities.
2. To encourage innovative thinking and creativity and inculcate research skills in our students.
3. To supplement and enrich the existing curriculum through seminars and extension lectures by eminent scholars.
4. To support the exchange of knowledge between industry and academy.
5. To provide higher/continued education and research opportunities to faculty as well as students.
6. To improve satisfaction level of all students and faculty.
7. To provide an ambience that makes our students ethically strong and professionally competent and thereby, contributing to a healthy and prosperous society.
8. To optimize the use of available infrastructure for sustained development of the college.
Workshops, seminars, Guest lectures, Faculty Development Programs, Industrial Visits and other Co-circular & Extra circular activities.