Electronics and Communication Engineering is concerned with the design, development, manufacture and application of electronic devices, circuits, and systems. Electronics and Communication Engineering lays greater emphasis on deep understanding of fundamental principles and state-of-the-art knowledge about Electronic Devices and Circuits, Computer Architecture and Microprocessors, VLSI and Embedded systems, Electromagnetic Field Theory, Analog and Digital Communication, Digital Signal Processing, Microwave and Broadband Communications.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 2002 to meet the needs of the emerging industry and research. The main focused areas of the department are Signal and Image Processing, Wireless Communication, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems, Antenna Theory and Design. The department was accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The department has MoUs with leading Industries. The department has well-qualified and experienced faculty with a healthy student to staff ratio of 15:1. The list includes Doctorates, faculty pursuing PhD and the remaining are Post-Graduates.
The department provides opportunities to students to work on various projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in industry and take part in national and international design contests. The Department has a number of well-equipped laboratories and provides excellent facilities for learning. The Department periodically organizes seminars, symposia, workshops and guest lecturers for the benefit of both the students and the faculty. The department has entered into an MoU with BSNL, Indian Railways, MIC Electronics, and Microlinks.
Most of the students are placed in companies like MIC Electronics, Efftronics, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Byjus, Accenture etc with a salary range from 1.5 LPA to 5 LPA. The alumni of the department have reached great heights in life over the years.
The department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for a period of 3 years for UG in 2016. It is reaccredited in 2019.
To create globally competent professionals in the field of engineering, imparting excellent teaching, research environment, collaborative activities and techno-services for real world applications.
To Educate and empower the students with latest trends in electronics and communication engineering to meet the growing real world challenges.
To impart quality education with experienced and qualified teaching faculty.
To inculcate professional ethics and morals in preparing responsible citizens.
To carry out research and development and collaborative activities.
PEO 1: To acquire cognizant fundamental knowledge in subjects like Basic Sciences, Engineering Mathematics & Engineering Sciences.
PEO 2: To impart technical knowledge using modern tools in order to develop products for societal needs.
PEO 3: Enabling Graduates for Technical Organizations by providing soft skills and Technical Knowledge.
PEO 4: To inculcate Research Aptitude so as to Engage in lifelong learning with Ethical and Holistic attitude.
1. Graduates will be able to apply the principles of basic sciences, mathematics, and engineering fundamentals in finding solutions to complex problems.
2. Graduates will acquire critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, and familiarity with the computational procedures essential to the field.
3. Graduates will be able to design various types of systems required for technical advancements and societal needs.
4. Graduates will be able to use research based knowledge to conduct experiments and interpret experimental data.
5. Graduates gain hands on experience in using latest software and hardware tools for obtaining solutions to engineering problems.
6. Graduates will be able to apply their knowledge to tackle societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues.
7. Graduates will possess adequate knowledge required for technological development keeping in view environmental effects and real time problems.
8. Graduates will have professional ethics and the culture of practicing the established norms of engineering.
9. Graduates will acquire the capability of working productively as individuals, as members or leaders in diverse environment.
10. Graduates will be able to articulate their ideas clearly with excellent soft skills and prepare technical reports.
11. Graduates will acquire knowledge required for project and finance management.
12. Graduates will have ability to engage in lifelong learning to keep abreast of ever changing technology.
1. Enable students to apply concept of Electronic and Communication Engineering for designing and testing various electronics module in the area of Communication, Networking, Signal and Image Processing, Embedded System, VLSI and Control system.
2. Enriching an ability to solve complex real time problems related to Electronic and Communication Engineering with significant technical and analytical knowledge using modern tools.
3. Acquaintance of societal needs, environment, health and safety with ethical attitude to serve as a good professional and person.
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
CONTENT WILL BE UPDATED SOON..
|S.No||Name of the Laboratory|
|1||Electronic Devices & Circuits Lab|
|2||Electronic Circuit Analysis Lab|
|3||Analog Communication Lab|
|4||Digital Communication Lab|
|5||Linear IC Applications Lab|
|6||Digital System Design & DICA Lab|
|7||Pulse & Digital Circuits Lab|
|8||Digital Signal Processing Lab|
|9||Micro Processors & Micro Controllers Lab|
|11||Microwave Engineering & Optical Communication Lab|
|12||Embedded Systems Lab|
Department of ECE is organizing student Association activities every semester. The Department periodically organizes seminars, symposia, workshops and guest lectures for the benefit of both the students and the faculty. Seminars will be conducted every week as per the given schedule. Students are trained up for campus recruitments through Finishing School Programme classes i.e., Aptitude, Verbal, and Soft Skills. In every academic year, department of ECE organizes National Level Symposium like “Techno Spark”student activity in terms of Working Model Exhibition. The department has Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs) with organizations like South Central Railway, MIC Electronics, Micro Links. ECE department is encouraging all the faculty and students towards professional body memberships and activities. The department has ISTE, IETE and IEEE student chapters.
Department of ECE releases a half yearly news letter named "ECE PULSE" with 'the heartbeat of innovation' as its tagline.
Seminars / Workshops.
Role of honour for the best students.